[sword-devel] Calvin's commentary

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Jul 14 13:02:38 MST 2006

The problem with Calvin's Commentaries is that they do not fit into the
book/chapter/verse paradigm we use in Sword. In order to do them
correctly, they would have to be done as a GenBook module with BCV-type
indexes into the GenBook. I think the work on alternate versification
support could potentially be used for this, since it relies on putting
using GenBook modules to store Bibles.

But if it is the same Calvin's Commentary module I saw a while ago, it's
already been rejected because it doesn't represent the source text
accurately. I'll take a look at it, but the chances that it is something
we are interested in publishing are almost 0.

--Chris