[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.8rc4

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Sun Jul 2 17:36:52 MST 2006

Looks like quite a few improvements. Good work.

Some comments/notes/problems (some may be related to ESV markup)

* ESV search .... finds "Jesus" in 2 Sam 1:1, Jonah 1:1, and Malachi
1:1. I think these are "hits" from the notes (opening of chapter)
rather than the actual Bible text. Is this intended?

* Lowest window still has previous search results rather than being
blanked with new search.
   - Search for "generation" in ESV and pick Gen 6:9
   - Search for "languages" and Gen 6:9 still shows in lowest window.

* Problems with words run together when a note is present, but not
showing (this may be mark-up problem?)

   - ESV Gen 4:15 ... And the LORDput a mark on Cain
   - ESV Mark 2:29 And immediately heleft the synagogue
   - ESV Ps 1:6 for the LORDknows the way of the righteous (no note)
   - ESV Ps 14:2 The LORDlooks down from heaven
     (appears to be a problem with divine name tagging/rendering?)

* Paragraph titles showing up multiple times:
  - 2nd Samuel 1:1
     David Hears of Saul's Death
     David Hears of Saul's Death
  - Problem shows up in almost all the Psalms

* Two many spaces
   - ESV Ps 1:1
     1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of        the
wicked,

* Ps 9 opening:
   - "or liturgical termA Psalm of David"

* ESV MultiWord search for "regeneration" finds match in Matthew 19:28
... being picked up from Text Notes? Not matched with "Optimized
Search"

* Re-use previous "Search Type" rather than always having "Optimized
Search" picked if index is present. If index is not present, always
starts Search dialog with "Search Type" set to "Multi Word", even if
"Phrase" was picked in the immediately previous search.