[sword-devel] .Net/C# and Sword

Nguyen Ly lyphtec at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 05:07:57 MST 2006

Hi guys,

There was a SF project started a while back (around 2002) called SharpSword
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/swordnet/ by Bryant Huang.

A short while after I joined, he stopped actively being involved with it due
to other commitments.  I initially wanted to create a wrapper around the
sword.dll but Bryant wanted to do a C# port from the ground up... he had
started on this work and managed to write some early alpha code which i
still have..

There wasn't much interest to do a .NET/C# port until now.

Anways, Jason if you are interested, you can take over that SourceForge
project (as I still have admin control on that project) -- but that's
assuming you want to drive all of this using SourceForge..

In any case, I would love to be actively involved with this effort.

God bless!

>May I suggest a name for this wrapper? #sword, or Sharp Sword? Play on
>of course. A lot of C# libraries have sharp in their names, but in this
>we are talking about a sword too, which should be sharp. Sorry of this
>sounds lame or dull. Just a humble suggestion...
>Thanks again for sharing this!!!
>God Bless!!!

Get FOXTEL this Summer – New low install price of only $29.95