[sword-devel] German Support/Promoting site for Sword

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Jan 17 12:10:18 MST 2006

Hi André,

your idea is very interesting!

A few years ago bibletime.de (now bibletime.info) tried to advertise to german
users, but now no site that I know does. The developers of both Sword and
BibleTime don't have enough time for coding even, so it would be great for
others to care about PR. ;)

One thing that I'd like to mention. Please do this in a gentle spirit. The
"proprietary" software of the publishers is not our enemy. Let us try not to
work in a negative, comparative way (as other projects such as Zefania did in
the past). Let us just emphasize Sword's strenghts and the benefits users
will have from it.
A side note: My personal main focus is not to try to gain market shares in
UK/USA/DE, where there already is a lot Bible software available, some of
which is really good. My focus is the far bigger areas of the world where
there is no good Bible software for people to use. It is my hope that Sword
and BibleTime will be of benefit there. But, of course, it is possible to use
Sword as a means for evangelisation in Germany too.

Suggestions: Offer the Sword CD for download and offer to send it by mail.

So much for now. I wish you all the best for your efforts.

Martin