[sword-devel] volunteering for the sword reader (pocket-pc)

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 05:31:56 MST 2006

Elia,
Have you looked at BibleDesktop (www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop) which
runs on Windows, Linux, Mac and many other places that Java 1.4+ runs.

BibleDesktop supports Hebrew modules and we'd love to get feedback on
how to improve it for right to left languages. (The user interface has
not been localized to any languages other than English)

If you are interested you could probably port JSword (a Java version of
the Sword API) to PocketPC. And use that to develop a UI for the
PocketPC. I have found that good C++ programmers can read and write Java
easily.

In His Service,
    DM