[sword-devel] The SWORD Project and ScreenReaders for the Visually impaired

Greg Marine gregmarine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:20:15 MST 2006

I've thought it would be great to integrate open source text to speech
technology into sword front-ends for 2 purposes. 1) Those who are visually
impared could listen to everything available in the Sword library. I know
braile would probably be better for extensive study, but sound is good too.
2) It would be useful to export the library to audio files.

This post just reminded me of this idea. Sorry I can't help you, though...I
don't know...

In Christ,
Greg

On 2/14/06, Josh Gould <kc8eqa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> After doing a bit of thinking and then not being able to locate the
> archives so I can search them too, I was wondering what the
> functionality was between The SWORD for Windows Front end and the JAWS
> for Windows screen reader. My primary reason for asking is that I've
> never seen any bible study software that was accessable, which is a
> problem that plauges most software. As my girlfriend is blind, I'd
> like for her to be able to study the Word on her computer where she
> can take better notes, and compare translations a little bit better
> than switching files or CD's. Another option that strikes me as a
> possiblity is to run a program off of the API that is accessible. I'll
> be doing some research so if any one does respond we can compare
> notes.
>
> In His Service,
>
> Joshua Gould

Internet Community Church Ministries