[sword-devel] Lucene 2.0

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 07:19:07 MST 2006

The lucene folks are planning a 1.9rc on Monday, 20 Feb with 1.9, a week
later on 27 Feb. As with any volunteer effort, those are not set in
stone. At this time there is not a date for 2.0.

Version 1.9 maintains backward compatibility with 1.4.3 but deprecates
methods not going forward in 2.0. The intention is that 1.9 is a bridge
to 2.0. The developers recommend that all users of 1.4.3 upgrade first
to 1.9, replace calls to deprecated methods and after retesting, go to 2.0.

I haven't been following cLucene closely, but it appears that they have
been maintaining their code in parallel. I would expect that they will
either release at the same time or shortly following.