[sword-devel] Distribution of CrossWire software

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Feb 11 20:32:30 MST 2006

I don't really have a problem with the eBay guy. He's not doing much
different from what Troy does by offering CDs from the website.

Think All is a different matter altogether. I had meant to contact them
about a week ago and finally did so just now. Their copyright and
license violations are numerous and extensive. I don't especially
believe that they will agree to bring their distribution practice into
conformance with the requirements of the law or with what they are
permitted to do under the GPL. Actually doing so would void the
profitability of what is essentially a scam. If they refuse to cease
license violation, we will probably have to do what we must in order to
stop their using our software to rip people off, potentially including,
but not necessarily limited to, forcing a takedown under the DMCA for
illegal sale of copyrighted works.

--Chris