[sword-devel] question about use of Bible text in another program

Karl Kleinpaste karl at charcoal.com
Fri Dec 29 16:34:56 MST 2006

"Jason Galyon" <jtgalyon at gmail.com> writes:
> My question begins with how to get biblical text or rather from where?
> Could I use a Sword module and mine that for scriptures or is there another
> recommended way?

If you install basic Sword 1.5.9, you will get the "diatheke" command
line tool, which is a simple way to make queries out of installed
Sword modules.  Do that, then use "installmgr" to bring in whatever
modules you want to be able to reference, and experiment with the
command line options diatheke provides for access to the texts.