[sword-devel] Survey of Personal Commentary Support

Joachim Ansorg nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Tue Dec 26 03:34:02 MST 2006

Hi DM,
that's a good idea.

> I'd appreciate it if I could get some information on how each of the
> applications handles personal commentary. If this information is in an
> application's up-to-date, current documentation/help files, I'd be happy
> with pointer to it.
This comes from our help file:

Editing your own commentary
 To be able to store your own comments about parts of the Bible, you have
install a certain work from the library of the Crosswire Bible Society. This
work is called "Personal commentary".
 If you open the personal commentary by clicking on its symbol in the
Bookshelf with a left mouse button, it opens in read mode. You will not be
able to edit it in this mode. Should you wish to write annotations into the
personal commentary, you have to open it with the right mouse button and then
select Edit this work and then either Plain text(source code editor) or
HTML(basic gui wysiwyg editor).

Tip
If Edit this work is deactivated, please check if you have write permission
for the files of the personal commentary.

Tip
Drag&drop works here. Drop a verse reference and the text of the verse will be
inserted.

> Application Name:
BibleTime

> Does it support the Personal Commentary module?
Yes

> How does one edit the Personal Commentary module?
Right click on the module in the Bookshelf and then "Edit this work->HTML"
or "Edit this work->Plain text"

> Does the application support any other notion of module writing?
No.

> Does the application support any other notion of annotation? (sticky
> note, verse annotation, ....) If so, how is it used?

No. Just bookmarks, but that doesn't count, I guess.

--
<>< Re: deemed
www.bibletime.info