[sword-devel] Module making

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 8 03:34:51 MST 2006

Am 08.12.2006 um 09:09 schrieb David Bell:

>>> The tools should be able to be built on a Mac. You will need to
>>> obtain and install icu and lucene. Since Mac OSX is a version of
>>> Unix
>>> and has GNU's compilers, you can follow any of the discussions on
>>> this mailing list on how to build them.
>>
>> As of this past summer, DM's statement was tried and true.  I was
>> able
>> to build both the latest stable as well as the svn versions of sword
>> by just popping into a terminal window and running ./usrinst.sh with
>> make and make install (I tried it both with the .sh wrapper and the
>> ../configure directly - both worked fine).
> David:
> Great! I would like to build the latest stable version myself, but
> unfortunately I need some instructions. Could you point me to a place
> where I can learn what I need to learn to be able to build it myself?
> Thanks!

You need the Apple Developer Tools installed. This is a CD which
ships with your Mac or with a bought Mac OSX system.
On this CD are all tools needed to compile, link, ...

Normally you download sword from here:
http://www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/source/v1.5/
sword-1.5.9.tar.gz

untar with:
tar -xzf sword-1.5.9.tar.gz

cd to this directory:
cd sword-1.5.9

configure the environment and giving a prefix path:
./configure --prefix=/opt/sowrd-1.5.9	(for example)

make and make install to the given prefix directory:
make && make install

This works on my Mac OSX 10.4.8 PPC system.

God bless,
Manfred