[sword-devel] JSword and development progress

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 27 05:28:30 MST 2006

Hi list.

I'm planing to develop a new Bible Study tool, Java based to be
almost platformindependant so that a lot of peaple can be reached.
Why another frontend? Well I do bible study myself and tried some
programs like MacSword, Bible Desktop and Accordance. Had a look at
Bibletime, too.
Although I use Accordance currently I want something that merges the
best things of all products and hopefully improve them where they
have to be improved. And this something should be freeware or open
source.
SWORD seemed to be the best solution to have a wide range of bible
texts, dictionaries and commentaries available.

While using Java I want to use the JSword library for the backend. My
question now:
What is the development progress on JSword. Has it all functions the
SWORD (C++) library has? Does it get updated immidiately when SWORD
itself is updated? Is the future development guaranteed (Well, I know
there are no guarantees but what is the forecast here)?

Best regards,
Manfred