[sword-devel] CLucene

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Aug 12 10:12:59 MST 2006

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> I tried to compile Sword for some time ago on Debian unstable. CLucene
> had some problem then. Now I tried again (after upgrading Debian) and
> compilation worked for some reason, maybe CLucene had been updated.
> Now the problem is that I don't know how to use clucene with sword. Any
> pointers? I just like to test it, preferably with some simple command
> like tool like diatheke.

I managed to compile BibleTime1.6beta3 with clucene support. I made
indexes with that and copied them to sword module directories. I made
necessary changes to diatheke and now it supports clucene search.

/work/sword/bin/diatheke -b KJV -s lucene  -k "what*"

Verses containing "what*"-- I Samuel 20:4 ; Genesis 2:19 ; Romans 2:29
; [...] Revelation of John 3:3 -- 1036 matches total (KJV)

It took about 2 seconds when the index was in physical memory disk
cache. Great. Downside is that returned verse keys are not alpabetically

	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland
	e-mail: eekaikko at mailx.studentx.oulux.fix (with no x)

More information about the sword-devel mailing list