[sword-devel] New Stuff for Testing

Adrian Korten adrian_korten at sil.org
Thu Aug 3 10:19:09 MST 2006

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:49:35 -0700
 "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> We've done some final updates to the engine to support the new modules
> coming out shortly.  Special thanks goes out to DM Smith for such effort
> and sacrifice to work on the 'dark side' and help the C++ engine!  He
> had ulterior motive to get an ESV and KJV out that would work well with
> JSword, but nonetheless still endured my scrutiny to the end!
>
> These should all be close to the final release candidates.
>
> BibleCS 1.5.8RCF1
>
> Changes:
> Compiled against latest sword svn, which includes fixes for red letter
> and all quote rendering.
> Updated to the latest version of the Tnt Unicode controls which still
> work with BCB5 (AK: this still doesn't seem to fix the last bug you
> reported about the freetext history combobox.  I'm not sure what this
> bug is.  It seems like a render or font issue, not encoding, since you
> can select an entry which doesn't draw correctly and it puts it in the
> edit box and draws it correctly there.)
> Fixed a missing space entry when stripping new lines compact text
> display windows (like search results list).
>
> http://crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/BibleCS-1.5.8rcF1.zip
>
> New Modules
>
> ESV (all new data from Crossway, newly converted by DM Smith), KJV
> (KJV2006 cleanups, final)
>
> http://crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?beta=true&tester=true&modType=Bibles
>
> Thank you for any time you can commit to testing these for public
> release ('for reals' this time) :)
>
>     In Christ,
>        -Troy.

g'day,

The layout.conf file errors with unicode are fixed. I don't want to hold back the release but there is one problem still with Thai bible names in the 'locales.d' folder. I'll let you decide if it should be fixed before this particular release.

When I switch to a Thai configuration, the following errors show up on startup. It was slightly edited from the Indonesian conf file -- I don't know why it complained about the one Indonesian spelling unless there were some hidden characters.
VerseKey::Book: เธญเธ... does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: 0(1)

VerseKey::Book: 1 Raja-raja does not have a matching toupper abbrevs entry! book number returned was: 0(1)
After that the program starts. It even displays Thai book name in drop-down box but when I try to go to that book, it jumps to Revelation (the last book in list). It also displays the book reference in Thai characters in the Commentary window if Genesis was previously picked in German/English. When I try to change the chapter, it jumps to Revelation again.

I remember a similar problem when using non-utf8 with Thai previously. You made an adjustment to the code to not try to capitalize Thai words or something like that.

ak