[sword-devel] swordweb

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Apr 27 01:02:45 MST 2006

Does anyone have any objections to removing the "Passage Study" tab and
renaming the "Parallel" tab to "Passage Study"?

We actually probably need to rethink much of how this user interface is
laid out now that we're getting quite a bit of traffic and comments.
Tyndale House is using us as their primary Bible link sight now.  Note
the target of many of the Bible links at:

http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/Tyndale/links_Biblical.htm and
http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/Tyndale/BibleSoftware.htm

They are impressed with our 'web 2' functionality.  I think it's pretty
cool too.  I've actually been using the site for quite a bit of my
personal study.  I realize people have been opposed to forcing
javascript on people to get functionality, but if we continue down this
web 2 path it's going to be tedious to find ways to provide new features
without javascript.  We're eventually going to have leave the
non-javascript browsers behind.  Do people still feel strongly about
this, or has time and ajax/web 2 momentum broken down the concerns a little?

Check this site out:

http://netvibes.com

Think of what we could do with their dockable panels for
Bible/Commentary views! :)

	-Troy.