[sword-devel] KJV 2006 5th beta
dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 17:44:21 MST 2006
Terry T Biggs wrote:
> Looks really good.
> Patched osishtmlhref.cpp to display the small caps.
Super! Do you know if the other filters need to be modified to show all
upper case or small caps?
(I had to change JSword to show all uppercase, since it could not do
> This note tag for Exodus 6:2 is causing a problem becuse it has a 'type'
> <note type="study">the <divineName>Lord</divineName>: or, <divineName
I'm not sure what the problem is?
There are two types for notes in this version of the kjv: type="study"
The former were x-StudyNote. I changed it because, "study" is a
predefined note type.
x-strongsMarkup has not changed. Currently, they are shown by Sword. In
the final build of the module, I'll remove them, along with the
<milestone type="x-strongsMarkup"/>, but keep them under svn.
The <divineName elements have a type when I can know for sure where the
word came from. In the case of Jehovah, it is from yhwh, but LORD has
more than one origin, and while nearly every last one is from yhwh, it
is not certain without analysis. So I left these without a type.
Does this help?
> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:08 -0400, DM Smith wrote:
>> I've put out the 5th beta. You can download it from the links at the
>> bottom of the page (http://www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/kjv2006)
>> As always, feedback is appreciated.
>> This beta corrects mistakes reported against the last beta. And also
>> does the following:
>> Divine Name:
>> All divine names are tagged with <divineName> (most were already).
>> If the underlying strong's number is 3050 (YH), 3068 or 3069 (YHWH), I
>> have added the type x-yhwh.
>> For those instances where the name is a compound with YHWH, the type is
>> x-yhwh and the subtype is a transliteration of the hebrew of the
>> compound part, e.g. x-tsidkenu.
>> There were also a few cases of JESUS in all caps. This is with the type
>> When the divine name is in a <transChange> or a <note> I have tagged it
>> without a type.
>> I also wrapped 2 instances of BRANCH in all caps with divineName as it
>> appears that this is what the KJV was trying to communicate in making it
>> all caps.
>> In all of these instances I have changed the word to begin with a
>> capital letter and be followed with lower case. The intention is that
>> these should be rendered with small-caps.
>> Questions: Should these be left as all caps? Can the front-ends render
>> I have identified all inscriptions that were in all caps in the KJV. I
>> have wrapped these with <inscription> and changed the all caps to Title
>> Case. The intention is that these should be rendered with small-caps,
>> perhaps emphasized with bold.
>> Question: Should these be left as all caps? Can the front-ends render this?
>> I have compared the paragraph marks against two other e-texts and then
>> against a print Old Scofield. The result is:
>> All paragraph marks starting a chapter have been deleted.
>> All paragraph marks that did not validate were changed to <milestone
>> type="x-extra-p"/>, to hide them but keep them for future analysis.
>> Acrostic titles in Psalm 119:
>> I have added the attribute xlit to each <w> element surrounding the
>> transliteration of the Hebrew alphabet letter (e.g. ALEPH) and set the
>> value to the Hebrew character. This is not intended for display, but for
>> Next steps.
>> Fix any reported problems.
>> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel