[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Sep 25 14:52:35 MST 2005

Lynn,
	I would love for you to do this work if you have the time.  Your
suggestions are helpful.  I have a few brief comments:

	SWORD_PATH is out of scope for this installer.  Our windows installer
has always looked by default in the current directory for mods.d

	Simply, I think all we still need to do is:

	Rename the install directory from 'The SWORD Project for Windows' to
'CrossWire/The SWORD Project'
	Launch Readme.txt, and on close launch InstallManager.exe (yes, new
name-- since we pushed most of this functionality into the engine and
now have an installmgr.cpp in the engine, this was renamed to avoid mixups).
	Registry key so updates and reinstalls go to the same place.
	Registry key that the current installer adds so that our windows module
installer can find the install directory.

	That should be it.

	I would really appreciate the help and have already appreciated the
comments.

		-Troy.