[sword-devel] BDB?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Sep 25 12:23:32 MST 2005

We were told that the BDB & Thayer modules we had were derived from OLB
content and that they had added content beyond the plain BDB/Thayer
text. It's not an issue of the basic BDB/Thayer content being under
copyright. Those are very old and very public domain. It's the
additional material. And the reason we couldn't just remove the content
OLB added is that we are not able to discern what was added and what was
original to the document (other than that we do know all of the
TWOT/TDNT & word count info was added by OLB).

If redoing the BDB & Thayer lexicons is a real desire, we could look
into redoing those from scratch, much like we did with the KJV, but it
may be better to get help from CCEL (or refer the whole project to them
for administration/maintenance).

--Chris