[sword-devel] More help with qpsword, please. :)

Dan Williams drw at handhelds.org
Thu Sep 1 17:37:52 MST 2005

On Sunday 28 August 2005 09:34, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Saturday 27 August 2005 18:31, Philip Schielke wrote:
> > --- Dan Williams <drw at handhelds.org> wrote:
> > > In theory, you should be able to run Dagger on the
> > > Sharp ROM
> > >
> > > So to make a long story a little shorter, if you are
> > > using the stock Sharp
> > > ROM, I would recommend using the qpsword and
> > > libsword packages found on
> > > crosswire.org.
> >
> > So, for the time being, anyway, we need both qpsword
> > and dagger binaries around.
> >
> > I reflashed to OZ 3.5.3 last night and installed
> > dagger.  It seems pretty robust and clean.  One
> > problem I had though... I think I have several unicode
> > fonts installed, but when looking at Greek texts I
> > just she jiberish.  Do I need a different font, or
> > does dagger not support unicode?  I hope it's an easy
> > answer, as without support for Greek, I guess I'd have
> > to reflash back to a sharp based ROM so I can use
> > qpsword...
>
> Yeah, I need to look into the foreign language support, as well as
> improving the search performance.  Those are the top 2 items on my to-do
> list.

FYI -

I have fixed support for foreign language texts in the current version of
Dagger.  If you have a device running OpenZaurus or Familiar Linux, you can
use the packages on my Dagger webpage:

http://draknor.net/projects/dagger.php

Please read the Installation Notes on this page before installing.

Enjoy!
Dan