[sword-devel] Building under Windows

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:57:30 MST 2005

Daniel,

Yes, the free (beer) toolkit comes with a compiler (CL) and a version of
nmake. Nmake seems to make use of a slightly nuanced variety of the make
file format. There is also a free (beer) IDE for VC++ that is the 2005 Beta
version of the program (.NET VC++ I think). However, due to the resources at
the school I'm currently at, downloading and installing that is
prohibitively large. I would love to be able to use an IDE for Windows
development, but I simply don't have one available at the moment. I think it
would be a good idea, though, to try and translate the current Makefile into
one which could be used by nmake with the free compiler tools. I'll look
into it when I get the chance.

--Greg