[sword-devel] how to get strongs numbers from KJV2003 module?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 24 14:55:52 MST 2005

John,
	Your output is incorrect for the KJV module in OSIS format.  If this is
truly the output from mod2osis, then we have a bug; otherwise, you need
to recheck the output and repost here.

	For OSIS (regarless of what our tool outputs... what it SHOULD output
is...) the <w> tag SURROUNDS the annotated word or phrase, and includes
a lemma attribute, and a morph attribute which comment on those aspects
of the annotated word or phrase.  e.g.

<w lemma="1234" morph="Proper Noun">John Walther</w>

each attribute can prefix domain information to their data:

<w lemma="cool_names:1234" morph="my_grammar:Proper Noun">John Walther</w>

We should use strong:G1234 to give you the strongs number, and likely
robinson:N-GSM for a Robinson's morph code (Noun- Genative, Singular,
Masculine)

I hope this helps.  Please let us know if you are truely NOT getting
something like lemma="strong:G1234" in the output.

	-Troy.