[sword-devel] Question about Strong Markup of Matthew 1:20

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:06:00 MST 2005

To claim that it is always a paragraph marker would be to take too
simplistic a view of the translation and meaning of the term.  It can often
be used to indicate a new paragraph, but can also be used in a way that
would join together two actions, such as "Jesus went around preaching and
healing.  And while he was walking along..." or some usage like that.  If
"de" is to be thought of as always indicating a new paragraph in the Greek,
then there are lots of missing paragraph lines in translations of the NT.  I
have, though, noticed more and more modern translations (rightly) leaving
out some of the occurances of the word.

--Greg