[sword-devel] [OT?] Any info on OpenOffice 2.0?

Greg Marine gregmarine at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:26:40 MST 2005

> >FWIW, the OSIS team concluded two or so years ago that it would not be
> >possible to create an OOo2OSIS or OSIS2OOo filter, for various
> >technical reasons.  [IIRC, it has to do with the model that OSIS uses
> >versus the model that OOo uses.  (Strem v Object).]
> >

> Two years ago OO had a different document model. It is now using the
> OASIS OpenDocument standard. Perhaps this changes things.

This does change things! I suppose if we'd ask OSIS now, they would
restate their opinion. Only asking can tell :-)

No matter what, though, OOo 2.0 is SUPPOSE to be XML friendly. So,
creating Sword to OOo filters or whatever should be possible.

God Bless you all!!!
Greg M.

Internet Community Church Ministries
   Because of His Grace We Serve