[sword-devel] GTK+ and Cheatah

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Sun May 15 05:24:13 MST 2005

Hi there .......

Just to let you know that I got the old 'Cheatah' up and running and
linked with the latest build of the library.  I will shortly be placing
the source and makefile for DevC++ where it can be downloaded and will
put a message on this list.  The reasons for digging out and
resurrecting this obsolete Sword front end are spelled out in the readme
file that I will place with the Cheatah source.  For the time being, you
can take a look at the readme on:
http://www.minister.fsnet.co.uk/cheatah.html

Meantime, if anyone wants the source code, please e-mail me and I'll
send it as an attachment.  It is very small.  The instructions are for
making a Windows build of the front end, but it can also build under
Linux.  If there are any newbies out there who want to look at compiling
the Sword api. I've put some very detailed steps in the cheatah.html
instructions (for Windows).  Let me know if there are any problems so I
can amend.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).