[sword-devel] Build fail under GCC-3.4.2

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Sun May 8 23:16:04 MST 2005

Hi there ........

Barry Drake wrote:

> Frogive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but I don't seem to get
> anything to build that makes use of SWmodule under any of the Mingwin
> compilers.  The build stops with an error  at the line in SWDisp.h: -
> 'class SWDLLEXPORT SWDisplay : public SWObject {' and gives the error
> the message: 'ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'SWDisplay with no type'.

I'm beginning to get the answer to my own question here.  Apparently
there were some changes in the pre-processor following GCC 2.9.6 or
there abouts.  This is a well reported problem and occurs with 3.4.2
(which I am using) on all platforms.  It seems to me that currently,
SWmodule is broken for any version of GCC of 3 and above.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com