[sword-devel] Arabic Translation

See7a sameh.nabil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:06:47 MST 2005

Let's take it one file a time. I started working on the file in
locales.d for now. I copied the french file, renamed it to ar-utf.conf
and changed the descriptioninthe file header to "Arabic (EG)". The new
entry appeared in the languages list the next time I opened SWORD.

Then I wanted to actually start translating to Arabic, so I saved the
file as utf8. I simply used notepad to do that. As soon as I did that,
the entry dissapeared from the languages menu. Did I miss any step in
the peocedure? I also noticed that all locale files provided under
locales.d are ANSI and not one of them is utf8. Is there any sample of
a UTF8 locale file?

Can any one help me with this?

Regards,
Sameh