[sword-devel] Re: Introducing BibleMemorizer

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Mar 24 03:16:23 MST 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 01:55, Jeremy Erickson wrote:

> I have not added any code to use Sword yet, and the Qt use complies with
> the QPL.  Do I need to change something?  I don't want to do anything
> illegal...

Here is the starter of the previous discussion (sort the messages by thread
and you can see the rest):
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2003-December/019885.html

I think that people should not only obey the letter of the licenses but also
respect the will of the licensors. It would not be very Christian to license
a derivative work against the will of the copyright owners, even though their
interpretation of the licenses could be diffferent from RMS, FSF, US court,
public opinion, or anything else.

--
Eeli Kaikkonen