[sword-devel] language of module descriptions

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Mar 19 14:31:50 MST 2005

This was how things developed and has since been the intentional format.
English and original language texts get no language prefix. Other texts
get a prefix consisting of the first three letters of the language name
in English. A few modules (usually Bibles in languages that are unlikely
to have multiple translations) the name of the language in English is
used as the module name.

I would like to keep this system. However, we could add a new field to
.confs (e.g. DisplayName) that contains a name for display to users. So
"GerLut" might have a DisplayName of "Luther" or "Luther (some year)",
etc. It need not be limited to one word like the module names.

--Chris