[sword-devel] supported ranges for bibles/commentaries

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Jun 17 21:22:11 MST 2005

How, precisely, do you think that would work?

Gen-Rev works fine for specifying the whole Bible. (But even for that,
does it imply inclusion of deuterocanonicals or not?)

If you specify "Gen", do you mean every single verse of it? What if one
verse is omitted? How is that to be identified?

Are introductions somehow to be noted? How will discontinuous segments
be enumerated?

Why put this in the .conf file rather than reading it directly from the
index? The index would be precise & complete, albeit slower.

Aside from details of implementation, not a bad idea. I had thought
BibleTime already did something like this on-the-fly.

--Chris