[sword-devel] How do I encode osisRefs to lexicons?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 06:25:34 MST 2005

I am wondering the same thing as I work on Naves. Chris' response to me was:
"The article title itself should be used for osisIDs as well as osisRefs
to the entries with those osisIDs."
So I take it that your example is what he meant.

The osisRef can have an optional prefix followed by a colon. In your
example it is MyLexName. If it is not present the OSIS manual says that
it refers to the same work. So <reference osisRef="Eve">See
Eve</reference> is proper.

I understand that this also means that if we have references to
something outside of the work that it needs to have the prefix as in
<reference osisRef="Bible:Gen.1.1">See Genesis 1:1</reference>

Also, I am under the impression that in a proper OSIS document that
every osisRef refers to something that is marked up with an osisID. In
the case of new OSIS Bible modules the <verse> tag is present, but older
ones it is implicit.

Is this correct?