[sword-devel] Re: Re: Re: Another typo fixed in PorAA

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 4 15:21:00 MST 2005

Em Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:56:16 -0700, Chris Little escreveu:

> The problem is that you and Dario Matos have a disagreement on what
> the PorAA we are hosting is and whether it is copyrighted,
> corrupted, etc.

	I could write Dario privately and ask him if he maintains his
position -- I do have a copy of the IBB's VR (Versão Revisada) and can
confirm your PorAA is just a copy of it with orthography errors and
missing text.  Since Dario stopped answering the thread, I took his
silence to be acquiescence.

	I could scan some pages of the IBB's VR and email you
privately so that you could check for yourself, if needs be.

> We know where we got the currently available PorAA module and we
> know that its source says it is okay to distribute.

	I guess your source is the Unbounded Bible site?  I have
warned them already about the copy rights issue, they never answered.

> That's why we are distributing that one. But you are claiming that
> the one you are providing is copyrighted by IBB, so we are taking
> your word on that, at least until we can confirm otherwise.

	I just took your PorAA and fixed typos and supplied missing
text.  If you can't distribute my version, you can't your current one
-- as far as I can see.

> Are you making any progress with IBB?

	Not yet.  I was giving them some time to answer, they never
did.  Next I should really drop them a phone call, but now I'm
starting a new job and moving, so that won't be possible at all.

> Also, can you provide any kind of proof that the old PorAA module is
> a corrupted version of the same version you have provided?

	Other than doing a diff?  If I did a diff you'd take that as
proof?  I could even comment it if you like...

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra   +55 (11) 5685 2219
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm        +55 (11) 5686 9607