[sword-devel] Persian Module

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 20:36:23 MST 2005

In OSIS a verse tag can either be a container, as in <verse>text</verse>
or a marker as in <verse/>text. According to the spec, one or the other
should be used for a work but not both.

This is needed to handle overlapping structures. Such as a verse that
starts in one paragraph and ends in another. Another example is a quote
that starts within a verse and spans several verses.

Alternatively, OSIS allows for these kind of  text elements to also be
markers.

This only becomes an issue if text is richly marked up with text elements.

I am not sure if sword cares which form is used.