[sword-devel] Re: New PorAA text

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 3 13:55:57 MST 2005

	Sorry for the auto-replay, but...

Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:38:34 +0200, Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti
Dutra escreveu:

> 	I have just incorporated two fixes in the PorAA text.

	Make it three, being one important, one fundamental, and one

	The fundamental one being adding the major part of Ez VIII:17
and the whole of v18, which were missing.

> 	I have it as an Unbound Bible file, and can convert it to
> Oasis.  I also have the GNU Emacs expressions used to do the
> corrections.  I probably could convert them to modules or to Oasis
> files.

	Now I've found again Chris Little's unb2osis.pl, so I can
offer too an OSIS file.  I totally forgot how to use osis2mod, its
usage output is cryptic and it lacks a man page, and my toddler left
me exhausted.  So it is left as an exercise for myself for later to
generate a real Sword module.

> 	So what do you want?

	For whomever it may interest, I have put both the Unbound
UTF-8 text file and the OSIS file at http://dutra.fastmail.fm./,
respectively as http://dutra.fastmail.fm./portuguese_utf8.ubnd.bz2 and
http://dutra.fastmail.fm./portuguese_utf8.osis.bz2 -- there are
unbzipped files too, but please be nice and get the compressed ones.

	BTW, while searching for a published text that would fit the
end of Ez. VIII, I finally bothered to check what PorAA actually is.
Haven't now the time or the library, but I determined it definetly
*isn't* a João Ferreira de Almeida Atualizada version as it purports
to be.  It looks more like a derivative of the Almeida Corrigida,
perhaps the Revista e Corrigida (R&C for short) or the Revisada (aka
De Acordo com os Melhores Textos), which is a kind of second edition
of Revista e Corrigida.  We should be OK with the R&C, which is public
domain AFAICD, but if it is a Revisada we could have problems.

	I really should check if it is R&C or Revisada, but I lack a
R&C with me at the moment and I am just too sleepy.

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm>
Maringá, PR, BRASIL                            +55 (44) 3025 6253
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/             +55 (44) 8803 1729
Soli Deo Gloria!                               +55 (11) 9406 7191