[sword-devel] Windows beta 1.5.8pre1

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 9 00:29:27 MST 2005

Lynn Allan wrote:
> Hmmmm ... I don't see how to specify I want all three words of "Lord
> Jesus Christ" to appear. The radio buttons for "Multi Word", "Phrase",
> and "Regular Expression" are greyed. Indexing seems to disable these
> radio buttons ... they are available with a Bible text that hasn't
> been indexed (see AKJV below)

When an index is present, the Lucene syntax is used. We might add the
radio buttons back or construct a search wizard/constructor at some
point (ala BibleWorks), but the same functionality is still present in
Lucene syntax itself. Please see the link that Troy included in his
announcement for further details:
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/queryparsersyntax.html

To require all three words in "lord jesus christ", you can construct a
query as either "+lord +jesus +christ" or "lord AND jesus AND christ" or
"lord && jesus && christ".

We may want to write up a Lucene syntax tutorial and post it when we
release.

--Chris