[sword-devel] Building under Windows

Greg Marine gregmarine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:09:39 MST 2005

I have been able to compile using VC++ 6. I also have VC++.NET 2003, but
have yet to get it to compile. My guess is MS changed something in their
latest compiler which breaks the build process for Sword. Let me know if you
would like for me to provide any files you may need to help in your

God Bless!

On 8/28/05, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
> I am trying to build the sword library using the free tools from Microsoft
> (free?! you ask - sure enough, the free VC++ toolkit). I am curious as to
> whether anyone else has prior experience at this task, and if so, if they
> have any guiding words of wisdom. So far I have made decent headway with
> using MinGW to run './configure CPPFLAGS=-DWIN32 CC=cl CXX=cl LD=link' but I
> have had to edit a few minor files by hand
> (src/utilfuns/win32/dirent.{h,cpp}, lib/Makefile, &c), but I don't know if
> there is anything I definitely ought to look out for. Thanks!
> --Greg

Internet Community Church Ministries
Because of His Grace We Serve