[sword-devel] More help with qpsword, please. :)

Philip Schielke phisch2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 13:31:07 MST 2005

> From: Dan Williams <drw at handhelds.org>
> To: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>
> Not to take anything away from qpsword, but there is
> also Opie Dagger.

I've heard of it but not tried it.  Can I run Dagger
on SL-5600 with sharp ROM?  My impression was I could
if I installed libopie.  However I can't seem to find
libopie.ipk anywhere.  For those of us with Sharp ROM
based systems is dagger an option?  (Sorry I'm a bit
of a zaurus newbie.)

> On Thursday 25 August 2005 17:53, Troy A. Griffitts
> wrote:
> >  I would
> > love to have someone more
> > experienced take ownership of that app.

I'm afraid I'm not more expeienced, with qt anyway.
This is the first time I've ever played with it.  I'm
a compiler writer turned seminary student who needs
usable Bible software on his Zaurus!

> > 	A few comments.
> >
> > 	Have you tried the latest code in the qpsword SVN
> repository?  Have you
> > tried to build it against the latest code in the
> sword SVN repository?
> >
> > https://crosswire.org/svn/qpsword/trunk/
> > https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/

Haven't tried it.

Could someone please educate me on Qtopia vs. OPIE.
Is OPIE just an alternate GUI to Qtopia?  Do programs
designed for one run on the other?  Do we need both
qpsword and dagger?

Thanks and regards,
-Phil