[sword-devel] InstallMgr limitation

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Aug 19 03:47:07 MST 2005

Joachim,
	I'm not sure exactly what you are saying, but let me repeat it and see
if I kindof understand:

Someone is using an FTP proxy setup which doesn't allow them to list
files on the remote server?  And you'd like us to support that setup by
maintaining file list catalog files in each module directory.

If this is the case.  I don't think I am willing to support such a
non-standard FTP setup that can't work with anything else.  How can
someone really use FTP efficiently with any other server without being
able to show file names?  I guess for grabbing a known file name, but
that isn't really a functional FTP proxy.  InstallMgr works over FTP.
If you want to use it, then you have to have working FTP access (via a
proxy or whatever).  The work to maintain module file lists inside an
extra file for every module (even though it can be automated) is more
work that I am willing to do to support such a fringe setup.  What do
you think?

	-Troy.