[sword-devel] BCB6 personal. Was: Information for beginning Windows BCB 6 Developers

Barry Drake b-drake at supanet.com
Tue Apr 19 07:54:20 MST 2005

Hi there ...........

Chris Little wrote:

> Yes. Also, as you pointed out, you can't set data breakpoints. I don't
> know what else is missing from the personal version, but I don't think
> it's reasonable to use it as the primary development platform.

The personal version I downloaded the other day from the Nokia site has
source debugging, and you can set breakpoints in a line of source, or
'run-to-cursor' etc.  By data breakpoints, do you mean break on change
of variable or something like that?  I've also got codeguard on my
version .... but that's another story - it didn't come like that.  On a
personal level, I used to be able to build everything using the GCC
compiler set on Windows.  That was some four or five years ago.  Now
I've come back to it, I find it's no longer anywhere near so easy.  I'd
honestly prefer it if things were a bit more cross-platform friendly,
and although Borland is going that way, (with Kylix/Delphi) I lean
towards the free stuff.

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).