[sword-devel] Information for beginning Windows BCB 6 Developers

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 19 01:29:37 MST 2005

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Chris Little wrote:
>
>> To clarify, I believe Troy is confirming that BibleCS builds fine
>> using BCB6. I don't think he's making a statement about building the
>> utils, which may still need project work.
>

> Yes.  Chris has correctly stated my position that I have not had time
> yet to look at a utilities project file for BCB6.  It sounds like
> Christopher has had a good start.  I would suggest a BUILD ALL once you
> get a project group setup correctly.  It might just be that the
> libraries were built one way while compiling BibleCS, and now they are
> configured differently for your new project group.  A BUILD ALL Projects
> will force a recompile with your new settings.

The same libsword project file is used for both BibleCS and utilities
builds, so it's not that. I suspect that it's a matter of the utilities
needing classes (e.g. filters to formats other than RTF) that are not
used by BibleCS but that are used by the utils. I think the project just
needs an update to include recently added files.

As Troy noted, building should NOT require downloading any additional
components (the Tnt stuff), so there's something amiss.

--Chris