[sword-devel] module making problem - U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 16 16:01:29 MST 2005

DM Smith wrote:
> In one of the archived messages, it mentioned that the filters always go
> to UTF-8 first. Is this the case with imp2ld? I saw that it is using the
> module code to do the writing, but I did not dig further to see where it
> would be.

No, the text does not go through the filters. Nor does its character
encoding ever get converted.

> I just searched the archives and I see that as early as 2000 there is a
> desire to migrate all modules to UTF-8. After we release JSword 1.0, is
> this something that I can help with?

Sure. We would like to get everything encoded in UTF-8 and OSIS and
using the compressed module driver. It's a little more involved than it
sounds since we also want to update as many of the texts as possible to
newer versions (that hopefully won't have versification or other changes
but that might have corrections). Limiting this to just the non-UTF-8
texts would be a good place to start.

--Chris