[sword-devel] Newbie (And BCB6 Development hiccups)

Wade Maxfield maxfield at ctelcom.net
Sun Apr 10 11:23:03 MST 2005

Hi,

  Thanks for the reply.  My ISP server seems not to be giving me your
emails, probably crosswire on an RBL somewhere, I found your reply in the
web based archive.  I've  signed up under gmail, due to that, so I should
be on the list soon.  I've also contacted the ISP, trying to get crosswire
unblocked.

  Anyway, Here goes:

 The First link's instructions (see below) don't work because TheSword has
moved from CVS to SVN, and the instruction page that is linked to about
checking out of CVS is _gone_.

  The Second link's instructions (the tutorial) almost work. I worked
through several issues (and  emailed the solutions to the guy in the
twiki page), but I now have a crash at the mainmgr->Load() call, and am
totally stuck.

  I just now got everything out of SVN, I hope, and nothing matches your
documentation, since your documentation is based on CVS.  It appears there
is no bundle for checking out a coherent directory tree for Windows and
building under BCB 6.

   The SVN instructions aren't fully understandable.  It took a while to
get the right pattern for biblecs and the icu-sword.  They don't check out
into directories that make sense.  There are no instructions in any of the
trees that I've found that give a roadmap.

   It would be really nice to have a .zip file that you can download
(without using SVN) that builds once you've unzipped it into a directory,
using BCB6.  It can be an older "frozen" system, it would just be nice.

  Also, if you click on "Task List" under developers section at
http://www.crosswire.org, you get a  SourceForge page with an Error,
indicating that the "Project has turned off Task Manager."

   I'll muddle down the road.  From an absolute dummy's point of view,
this project is not coherent.  So far, I've hit every roadblock possible.

   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wade

Welcome Wade,