[sword-devel] Introduction

chrislit at crosswire.org chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Apr 7 17:18:41 MST 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, DM Smith wrote:

> With regard to OSIS, Chris Little and others on the sword-devel mailing list
> may be able to help, but perhaps the OSIS users mailing list would be a
> better place for getting help with adding OSIS support to OpenOffice. I don't
> know where or how to sign up for the OSIS users list.

You can subscribe to osis-user and read the archives at
http://whi.wts.edu/OSIS/user_area .  It is a relatively low-traffic group,
but a better place to post questions/ideas/development related to OSIS
than sword-devel since there are many people who know about OSIS on
osis-user who aren't on sword-devel.

Regarding import of OSIS material to Sword (not e-Sword, which has no
relation to Sword), see the out-of-date guide at
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/ and grab the utility
osis2mod to compile Bibles or xml2gbs to compile freeform books
(GenBooks).

--Chris