[sword-devel] update of NA26-UBS3 module

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Sep 28 00:38:30 MST 2004

Wojciech Bartminski,

	Thank you for your desire to be upright in this matter.  Blessings on
your efforts to get permission.  My understanding is that the text of
the N26U3 is EXACTLY the same as the N27U4, with the possible exception
of corrected typos or punctuation.  The apparatus update was a big
change, but I don't believe you include the apparatus in your module.

	CrossWire and Winfred Bader from UBS got off to a pretty bad start
about 8 years ago.  He sternly requested that we remove our N27U4
module, even though we had produced it from a publicly downloadable CCAT
source.  He had every right to deny us permission-- being the copyright
holder, and allow CCAT to distribute the text, if certain guidelines
were followed (I believe a simple form filled out acknowledging
scholastic use, or something).

	After working with Dr. Bader at OSIS conference over the past 4 years,
we've really had the opportunity to earn his respect, I guess, and he's
warmed up to us considerably.  Unfortunately, as of earlier this year,
he is no longer with UBS, but has taken a post at another organization
which we don't deal with.

	I have no idea who now currently manages the electronic permission for
the NA text.  I pray your request and CrossWire might find favour in his
eyes.  Please let him know that our software is available to them to use
in whatever capacity they might see fit, and could make their text
available on a number of additional platforms, with no burden to them.
We'd just like them to offer their text for SWORD.  We'd also be happy
to convert their authoritative data if they would be willing to provide
it to us.

	Also, we'd love to fully support the great work being done at:

	http://nestlealand.uni-muenster.de/

	Thanks again for your sincere heart to serve our Lord,

		-Troy A. Griffitts.