[sword-devel] Sword += Pocket PC (Brian K. Pribis)

Greg Marine gregmarine at iccnet.org
Sat Oct 2 10:06:48 MST 2004

Brian/Troy/All,

Here is my 2cents...

Although I am not a very good C++ programmer and have never build anything for WinCE/Pocket PC, I would be more than happy to support the effort to bring Sword to those devices. If anything, I would be happy to test anything you all come up with. Right now I feel I'm stuck with e-Sword...I hate that feeling :-) Mr. Meyers keeps his a closed project. The Sword project is as open as God's love for us :-) That's what attracts me most to this one. Please let me know how I can be of service.

Thank you and God Bless <><
Greg

Let your prayer requests be known
http://prayer.iccnet.org/

Internet Community Church Ministries
http://www.iccnet.org/

--- "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
Brian,
 	Yeah!  It's called 'swordreader' and has not been officially made
public yet-- mostly due to my lack of.. er, TIME, yeah time...

 	Johan Gorter was the driving force behind getting this going.  I
did a few small things to get the library all working on ce, but it's
mostly all Johan.

 	Last I remember, he split the code up into 2 targets: a simple
Bible reader (his goal), and full sword support app.

 	I was hoping to build it against 1.5.8 of the libs which are
nearly ready to release, post new binaries, and then make the project
public.

 	Johan has voiced that he feels he has completed what he came here
to do, and I believe is no longer subscribed to sword-devel.  That pumpkin
is available if you'd like to hold it.

SVN: https://crosswire.org/svn/swordreader/trunk/

 	-Troy.