[sword-devel] MacSword 1.1.3

Will Thimbleby will at thimbleby.net
Wed Nov 24 17:07:33 MST 2004

I did some searching and found this
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=33#74 , from
there it was easy to create a custom search myself with the strongs
number the user provided. Still got some work to do though, I need to
show the numbers in the search window instead of just text which is a
little confusing.

Another thing about sword is that I vastly improved startup times by
cutting out the locale loading, I moved some code in localemgr into a
separate method to add swlocales. Then I just find the one I want by
file name and only load that and add it to the mgr myself. This cuts
start times by about 5-10 seconds to just one or two on my computer.
attributes in those locale files. I thought about loading them only
when needed but the name is stored in them, if we enforced a naming
scheme for the file name, then the localemgr could only load each as
needed. At the moment I assume a good naming scheme, and work round it.

Also is anyone working on utf-8 locale support, I would like to be able
to just use utf8 locales and support languages like chinese. What needs
doing to support this?

thanks --Will