[sword-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: mod2osis errors

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu May 13 12:39:48 MST 2004

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

> Em Thu, 13 May 2004 01:34:50 -0700, Chris Little escreveu:
>>The next step is to improve osis2mod so that it can handle verses not in
>>the KJV (see the errata file in the old PorAA module's directory).
>

> 	I saw that, but I am not quite sure about what use is
> that... meaning, what does one do with that information?

The errata file is the output from vpl2mod.  When vpl2mod comes across a
verse that is not in the KJV, it concatenates it to the previous verse
that does exist in the KJV and adds a textual verse reference to
indicate that the original version had another verse there.

osis2mod doesn't have that capability yet, but needs it in order to
handle Bibles like the PorAA module.  When the new Bible module drivers
are completed, we'll re-import and it will use the Bible's native
versification rather than adapting it to the KJV versification.

--Chris