OT: [sword-devel] owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org sent out a virus

Ryan V adyeths at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 11:53:28 MST 2004

--- "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> :)  Not to set a bad example, but....
>
> A.  That email wasn't sent thru the list.  It was
> spoofed from
> sword-devel to you (unless I missed something)

After seeing this, I checked the headers of the email
I replied to in order to see if this was true. And the
headers indicate that it was sent through the list,
and not directly to me. Which is why I replied to the
list. :)

> B.  I use the free ClamAV package which has a
> windows frontend available
> and seems to work great:
>
> http://clamav.sf.net
> http://clamwin.sf.net/

Yes, thats quite good. I use it from time to time in
order to check things for friends of mine.

If the reply to my original email where I suggested
avg antivirus indicated that a further suggestion
would have been accepted, I would have mentioned this
one myself. Perhaps coming from you this suggestion
will be accepted and appreciated. :)

Ryan