[sword-devel] suggestion for locales /abbrevs

Daniel Glassey danglassey at ntlworld.com
Wed May 5 10:03:39 MST 2004

Hi,
'Book' numbers are going to be moved around a bit with VerseKey2. The
current idea is for the extra OSIS books to go in between the Old and
New Testaments with a few spaces left for any other issues that may turn
up. This will leave Genesis as the start and Revelation as the end.

The locales current map abbreviations to book numbers but this is
potentially buggy as it is an effort to check if the number is the book
that you think it is. What I'm suggesting is to use upper case OSIS id
book names instead of book numbers. VerseKey2 will have a static
function getOSISBookNum so that SWLocale can map these to book numbers
(this will need to be implemented for VerseKey as well).

Does this make sense? I know it will be work to change all the locales,
but imho it will be easier than trying to get the number changes right.

Regards,
Daniel