[sword-devel] Copyright and locked modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:38:25 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Barry Drake wrote:

> Hi David ...........
>
> On 8 Jan 2004 at 14:16, David's Mailing List and Spam Receiver wrote:
> > Basically my idea would be to distribute keys or whatever for OSIS modules at
> > near cost to me.
>
> I think I'm right in saying that Sword will never directly support OSIS
> modules - am I right in this Chris?

Sword won't directly support un-modified OSIS modules, but it will
(probably pretty soon) support client-side import of OSIS modules.  So,
effectively, this idea should work fine.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what David has in mind with selling keys
to XML documents.  There might be some work here in figuring out a good
encrypted XML wrapper, but there are some standard ways of doing this that
should be considered.

--Chris