[sword-devel] Copyright and locked modules

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:09:45 -0000

Hi David ...........

On 8 Jan 2004 at 14:16, David's Mailing List and Spam Receiver wrote:
> Basically my idea would be to distribute keys or whatever for OSIS modules at
> near cost to me.

I think I'm right in saying that Sword will never directly support OSIS
modules - am I right in this Chris?

> Now my only question is this, would there be a problem with my contributing
> code to the project if I do this? I'd like to eventually contribute some good
> map and chart code to the project and am working on some basic ideas for that.

Personally, I see no problem at all with any of your suggestions.  There
would be no conflict of interests, and anyone who wanted to purchase a
Sword module which is copyrighted would be passed on to you.  Really
though, Troy ought to give an opinion here.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk
for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com